July 8-10, 2017
- The election of the new officers of the CBCP had the following results:
NEWLY ELECTED CBCP OFFICERS
01 December 2017 – 30 November 2019
President : Abp. Romulo G. Valles
Vice President : Bp. Pablo Virgilio S. David
Treasurer : Abp. John F. Du
Secretary General : Rev. Fr. Marvin S. Mejia
North : Abp. Marlo M. Peralta
Central : Bp. Ruperto C. Santos
South : Bp. Jose R. Rojas
Southeast : Bp. Victor C. Ocampo
Southwest : Bp. Reynaldo G. Evangelista
East : Bp. Isabelo C. Abarquez
West : Abp. Jose F. Advincula
North : Abp. Martin S. Jumoad
South : Abp. Romulo T. dela Cruz
Chairmen of the Episcopal Commissions, Committees and Offices:
Episcopal Committee on Basic Ecclesial Communities Bp. Jose A. Cabantan
Episcopal Commission on Biblical Apostolate Bp. Sofronio A. Bancud, SSS
Episcopal Office on Bioethics Bp. Ricardo L. Baccay
Episcopal Commission on Canon Law Bp. Jacinto A. Jose
Episcopal Com. on Catechesis and Catholic Education Bp. Roberto C. Mallari
Episcopal Commission on Clergy Bp. Buenaventura M. Famadico
Episcopal Commission on Cultural Heritage of the Church Bp. Julito B. Cortes
Episcopal Commission on Culture Bp. Elenito D. Galido
Episcopal Commission on Doctrine of the Faith Orlando B. Cardinal Quevedo, OMI
Episcopal Commission on Ecumenical Affairs Bp. Angelito R. Lampon, OMI
Episcopal Commission on Family and Life Bp. Gilbert A. Garcera
Episcopal Commission on Health Care Bp. Patricio A. Buzon, SDB
Episcopal Commission on Indigenous Peoples Bp. Prudencio P. Andaya, CICM
Permanent Committee on Intern’l. Eucharistic Congresses Abp. Jose S. Palma
Episcopal Com. on Inter-religious Dialogue Bp. Emmanuel T. Cabajar, CSsR
Episcopal Commission on the Laity Bp. Broderick S. Pabillo
Episcopal Commission on Liturgy Bp. Victor B. Bendico
Episcopal Commission on Migrants and Itinerant People Bp. Ruperto C. Santos
Episcopal Commission on Mission Bp. Arturo M. Bastes, SVD
Episcopal Commission on Mutual Relations Abp. Antonio J. Ledesma, SJ
Episcopal Commission on Pontificio Collegio Filippino Luis Antonio G. Cardinal Tagle
Episcopal Commission on Prison Pastoral Care Bp. Joel Z. Baylon
Permanent Committee on Public Affairs Bp. Reynaldo G. Evangelista
Episcopal Commission on Seminaries Bp. Gerardo A. Alminaza
Episcopal Com. on Social Action, Justice and Peace Abp. Rolando J. Tria Tirona, OCD
Episcopal Commission on Social Communications Bp. Mylo Hubert C. Vergara
Episcopal Commission on Vocations Bp. David William V. Antonio
Episcopal Office on Women Abp. Jose F. Advincula, Jr.
Episcopal Commission on Youth Bp. Leopoldo C. Jaucian, SVD
- The 116th Plenary Assembly will be on January 27-29, 2018 while the Bishops Seminar which will be joined with the Seminar for the Seminary Formators on the new Ratio Fundamentalis will be from January 22-25, 2018. The venue is tentatively at the IEC Pavilion in Cebu City.
- At the request of the Chairman of the Episcopal Commission on Catechesis and Catholic Education (ECCCE), Bp. Mallari, the body approved that there will be a National Second Collection every third Sunday of September for the needs of ECCCE.
- While the Episcopal Commission on Mission is the lead commission for the year 2021 Celebration with their main activity of a Mission Symposium on April 12-13, 2021 and Mission Congress on April 14-16, 2021, the Permanent Council will take the lead in involving other commissions for other activities that will be done throughout the year celebrating 500 years of Christianity.
- The body voted on the following liturgical prayers/texts:
1) Prayers for the Feast of Jesus the Eternal High Priest
2) Gray Book – Order of Blessing of Oils for Catechumens, of the Sick, and Chrism
3) Approval of the Pedro Calungsod Bible so that it will become the official Bible translation in Cebuano
4) Approval that this Pedro Calungsod Bible will become the liturgical text for the Evangelary
- With 58 voting in favor, 10 not in favor and 1 abstained, the body voted not to increase the quota and to approve the 2018 Budget with a projected P 740,648.50 deficit.
- The body decided that the Manna Fund coming from the Archdiocese of Manila will continue to be used by the CBCP retroactive to 2010 and subject for review after five years.
- The body decided to create an ad-hoc committee which will review the quota based on per capita income of the diocese, population, inflation rates, etc. The committee is composed of Bp. Ruperto C. Santos as convenor, Bps. Precioso D. Cantillas, SDB and Mylo Hubert C. Vergara.
- The body decided that the request of the PhilCCCRS be endorsed to the Commission on the Laity to study and to submit the latter’s their recommendation to the Permanent Council.
- The body issued the CBCP Statement on Marawi, Terrorism and Dialogue.