(Council of the Laity of the Philippines)
Laiko Bldg., 372 Cabildo St., Intramuros, Manila
January 12, 2018
To: All Laiko Member National Lay Organizations and
Arch/Diocesan Councils of the Laity
Dear Brothers & Sisters,
“Man is called to a fullness of life. . .. in special way, believers in Christ must defend and promote this right, aware as they are of this wonderful truth. . .
Evangelium Vitae #2
Inspired by the very successful “Walk for Life” last year as manifested by the thousands who participated to express their love and support to the sacredness of life, the Sangguniang Laiko ng Pilipinas during its recently concluded National Biennial Convention resolved to institutionalize the holding of the said event simultaneously nationwide every year in the month of February.
We want to reaffirm our commitment of support to our brothers and sisters who are weak and defenseless especially the unborn children whose fundamental right to life is being ignored and destroyed, those who suffer violence, injustice, addictions, and many other forms of threats against the dignity and sanctity of life and to reiterate our stand against the proposed re-imposition of death penalty and the continuous extra judicial killings that are happening in the name of war against drugs. Even up to know the issues of life are urgent and we need to express to all our stand for life.
May we then invite your Organizations once again to actively support and participate in this year’s “Walk for Life” here in Manila on Saturday, February 24, 2018, 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. at the Parade Ground of Quirino Grandstand, Rizal Park, Manila. We will really appreciate if your organizations could send huge delegations in this momentous event. Your active participation is most important. Aside from the members of your organizations, please invite also other people to join us. Attached is the registration form which include details of the event. Kindly return the accomplished form on or before February 5, 2018. Walk for Life T-shirts are available at the LAIKO office at P250.00.
We are praying for your utmost support to this noble endeavor.
Sincerely yours in the service of the Lord,
JULIETA F. WASAN
+MOST REV. BRODERICK S. PABILLO, D.D.
Chairman, CBCP Episcopal Commission on the Laity
Quirino Grandstand Parade Grounds, Rizal Park, Manila
Saturday, February 24, 2018, 4:00 a.m.
Group Registration Form_Walk for Life 2018 (Click to Download)
SIGNATURE OVER PRINTED NAME DATE REGISTERED
- Registration starts from January 15 to February 16, 2018. Registration forms are available at the LAIKO office. You may also download it from our website: cbcplaiko.org.
- For proper identification during the event and for security purposes, a prescribed t-shirt will be available at Php.250.00 everyone is encouraged to buy one.
- Proceeds will go to the various projects and programs of the Sangguniang Laiko Ng Pilipinas.
- All are qualified to participate; you can register as individual, groups, or families.
- Please submit your registration forms and T-shirt orders at the Laiko office, Intramuros; look for Mr. Joseph S. Jesalva or Ms. Catherine C. Buenconsejo at 527-5388 or 527-3124.
- You may also deposit your T-shirt payment to the SANGGUNIANG LAIKO NG PILIPINAS, SA# 4953-0674-34, Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) Intramuros Branch. Please send a copy of the deposit slip by fax or email (Fax: 527-3124 or email: email@example.com.) for proper recording & acknowledgment.
- All participants are requested to come and wear the prescribed T-shirt and wear appropriate footwear to the event.
- THERE ARE NO BAGGAGE COUNTERS. Bring a small bag that will fit your own bottled water, light snacks, personal medication (if necessary), extra shirt, and towelette.
- WALKING COURTESY – Walk at the designated area. Do not cut in front of another walker. If you decide to slow down or stop, gradually veer to the edge of the road.
- AID Stations – Water will be available at the strategically located water stations. To keep the water stations from being congested, continue on the last table and PLEASE KEEP MOVING. A mobile medical team is available in the stationary and roving to monitor the participants.