|Official Name||Association of the Children of Mary Immaculate|
|Other Name or Acronym||Hijas de Maria (1868)
VMY ( Vincentian Marian Youth)
|Vision||We are all International Vincentian Marian Youth, Friends and Homes deeply committed to “be evangelized” and to “be an evangelizing” community of disciples for the world, the Church and the poor.|
|Mission||· To serve Jesus Christ, present in the poor, especially the most needy.
· To seek and commit ourselves to young people in difficulty, offering them opportunities that give meaning to their lives.
· To participate in on-going formation programs in order to offer a quality to society and to the Church.
· To unite and forge our strength with other persons or institutions, especially with the other members of the Vincentian Family and together with them launch transforming actions against unjust situations, mostly working in the forms of projects.
· To live a spirit filled life, giving witness to God’s love in the world as prophets and, through our commitment, we make the Gospel a credible GOVERNANCE.
|Year Established||September 8, 1868|
|Year Accredited w/ Laiko||September 29, 1958|
|History||A). Origin and Foundations
The history of the Association of the Children of Mary Immaculate is intimately bound up with the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin to St. Catherine Laboure in 1830 in the Chapel of the Motherhouse of the Daughters of Charity, 140 Rue de Bac, Paris.
The Association arose from a desire of the Queen of Heaven expressly made known to the young seer who manifested it to her Director, Fr. John Mary Aladel, CM. St. Catherine recorded the origin of the Association immediately after narrating the famous apparition in Rue du Bac Chapel on the night of July 18-19, 1830.
In the Philippines, the Association was established in the Colegio dela Immaculada Concepcion (“Concordia”), Manila, under the Daughters of Charity on September 8, 1868. But since the early age of our evangelization, Filipina girls loved to join the Association of our Lady under the name “Hijas de Maria” (Children of Mary), of which we find flourishing units, perhaps among the whole world.
On April 6, 1914, the Holy See granted to the Vincentian Provincial of the Philippines, Fr. Angel Martinez, C.M. and his successor the “faculty to sub delegate Parish Priest for erecting in their parishes the Association of the Children of Mary Immaculate”, a privilege which late, on March 25, 1931, in memory of the Centennial of the Miraculous Medal, was extended by Pope Pius XI to the whole world.
The National Council of the Association of the Children of Mary Immaculate in the Philippines was established by the authority of the Delegate of the Director General of the Association, the very Rev. Fr. Provincial of the Vincentian Fathers of the Philippines, Fr. Zacarias Subinas, C.M. on November 15, 1947.
The COM is truly grateful to Fr. Teodoro Barquin, C.M., for his untiring efforts in making the Vincentian Marian Association a flourishing one in the country especially from 1960-1986.
By 1983-1986, he had designated the COM National President Ms. Heidi M. Nimuan, to design several modules for the different levels.
After the term of office of Fr. Ted Barquin, C.M., Fr. Francisco Vargas, C.M. took over the post. This time the National Council had propagated the Vincentian Marian Youth Camps. The other C.M. who became National Directors were Fr. Quirino Raut and Fr. Vic Velasco for a brief period.
At present, Fr. Raymond Regua, C.M. is the COM National Director. Some of the memorable events during his incumbency are as follows:
|Composition of Membership||International Council
|Areas Present||The COM is present in the different regions and provinces in the country.|
|Affiliations||Sangguniang Laiko ng Pilipinas – CBCP
Vincentian Family Coordinating Council (VFCC)
International Vincentian Family, Rome (IVF)
|Official Contact Address||The Association of the Children of Mary Immaculate Marian Center
900 San Marcelino Street, Ermita, Manila
|Official Contact Numbers||C/o Concordia College
Tel. + 63.2. 564. 2001
|The MIRACULOUS MEDAL… This is the family coat of arms which from heaven, a design brought by the Blessed Virgin to St. Catherine Laboure in 1830… our insignia is perpetual reminder of our heavenly Mother, a sure pledge of her love for us and a token of her protection.|
National President: Ana Maria Escaño
National Vice President: Etta Monroy
National Secretary: Nora Able
Treasurer: Blessil Relampagos
Auditor: Tess Lipa
National Spiritual Director: Fr. Raymond Regua, CM
National Sister Moderator: Sr. Novella Borjal, D.C.