The Philippine House of Representatives Committee on Population and Family Relations will hold another hearing on the Dissolution of Marriage Bills on December 6, 2017, at 1:30 p.m., at the House Speaker’s Conference Room, Batasang Pambansa Complex, Quezon City.
We invite the Sangguniang Laiko ng Pilipinas national organizations, diocesan and archdiocesan councils of the laity, and all concerned Catholics, to bring their statement and attend said hearing. The concerned bills are the following House Bills:
- HB 116 “An Act Instituting Absolute Divorce in The Philippines and for Other Purposes”
- HB 1062 “An Act Amending Title 1, Chapter 3, Of Executive Order No. 209, Otherwise Known as the Family Code Of The Philippines, Prescribing Additional Ground for Annulment”
- HB 1629 “An Act Legalizing Church Annulment or Dissolution of Certain Marriages and for Other Purposes”
- HB 2380 “An Act Introducing Divorce in the Philippines, Amending for the Purpose Articles 26, 55 To 66 And Repealing Article 36 Under Title II of Executive Order No. 209, As Amended, Otherwise Known as the Family Code of the Philippines, and for Other Purposes”
- HB 3705 “An Act Recognizing the Civil Effects of Church Declaration of Nullity, Annulment and Dissolution of Marriages and for Other Purposes”
- HB 6027 “An Act Providing For Grounds for the Dissolution of a Marriage”
- HB 6446 “An Act Recognizing the Capacity of the Filipino Spouse to Remarry when the Alien Spouse Has Obtained a Foreign Judicial Decree of Absolute Divorce, Amending for the Purpose Executive Order No. 209, Otherwise Known as the Family Code of the Philippines”
Sangguniang Laiko will be honored to have your designated official representatives join.
Please leave a message with your name and organization at the Sangguniang Laiko ng Pilipinas Facebook page or send a text to Joseph Jesalva at 09771794938 or 09283933184.